When planning a fundraiser, the go-to for years has been auctions. Our stores get inundated with requests, and we simply cannot provide enough gift cards or products for every request. Additionally, we have learned that the value of our gifts are often not met in the auction or even used, which doesn’t help anyone involved.
For the past few years, the Boutique District has been piloting shop for good events. We found that organizations with the most success fundraising during our events were the ones who partnered with a boutique for a dedicated shopping party. For example, Lyles-Crouch Elementary held an evening event with The Shoe Hive. In just a few hours, they raised $2,000 for its PTA.
How does it work?
- A nonprofit organization and boutique partner for a fundraising event.
- The store agrees to host the party and give a percentage of sales during the event to the organization (e.g., 20%).
- The organization rallies its constituents and supporters to attend the event and shop.
- The boutique spreads the word to its customers.
- The organization has a chance to showcase its cause during the event (e.g., a pop-up stand with brochures, animals present for adoption, choirs performing).
- Supporters come to the event, mingle, and shop.
- Within a few weeks of the event, the boutique will send a check to the organization.
How do I get started?
Review the list below and see if there is a business that speaks to your cause. Contact the boutique, introduce yourself and your cause, and find a mutual date that will work for your event.
|BOUTIQUE||BOUTIQUE TYPE||GIVE BACK %||CONTACT||PHONE|
|Bishop Boutique||Fashion||20%||Hattie Dove||571.312.0042|
|Donna Lewis||Fashion||20%||Donna Lewis||703.548.2452|
|fibre space||Home & Arts||20%||Danielle Romanetti||703.664.0344|
|Forge Industrial Works||Gifts, Home & Arts||10%||Christen Kinard||571.290.3287|
|La Cuisine||Food, Wine & Cooking||15%||Laurissa Avendano||703.836.4435|
|Local Motion Studio||Beauty & Health||20%||Sara Lavan||703.299.0017|
|Lotus Blooms||Beauty & Health||20%||Teal Dye||703.535.8225|
|Olio Tasting Room||Food, Wine & Cooking||25%||Penny Willimann||703.909.8196|
|Penny Post||Home & Arts||20%||Amy Rutherford||703.888.1515|
|Red Barn Mercantile||Home & Arts||20%||Amy Rutherford||703.838.0355|
|Salon deZEN||Beauty & Health||20%||Maria Elizabeth||703.549.1400|
|Specs New York||Fashion||20%||Dana Alharar||703.549.1400|
|Studio Barre||Beauty & Health||25%||Angela Lutzger||571.970.3305|
|Vintage Mirage||Fashion & Jewelry||10%||Elinor Coleman||703.535.8200|