Today’s post was written by Christen Kinard, Forge Industrial Works.
A few weeks ago, we officially launched Workshops by Forge on the second floor of our building. We threw a party, hosted a mini-Chalk Paint® workshop, made flower bracelets, and just generally introduced our guests to this new project.
We are pleased to tell you our workshops have taken off! We have taught everything from Chalk Paint® basics to how to use gold foil and gilding wax on painted furniture. We have hosted floral design workshops and booked one-on-one sessions to help customers with a specific piece. Our Paint Therapy gatherings are a customer and staff favorite; just bring your own small piece or purchase one at Forge, and paint, drink, and chat with your girlfriends!
As our first month of workshops is rapidly coming to a close, we have lots of fun events planned for April! Of course, there are weekly opportunities to learn how to bring new life to old pieces with Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan. But we’re also painting kitchen boards, concrete flower pots and wine racks, dyeing linens and stamping tea towels! Floral designer Melinda Hunter will be back with a series of floral design classes, and we’re even going to host a class on how to use Chalk Paint® to completely rehab your kitchen cabinets.
We are often asked what makes Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan different? After all, if we have invested so much in this product and bringing it to our customers, it must be special. And it is! Here are our top five reasons to use Chalk Paint®.
1. There is no sanding or priming necessary. Just start painting!
2. Chalk Paint® by Annie Sloan will adhere to just about any surface–wood, glass, metal, plastic, etc.
3. Annie Sloan uses no black pigment in her paint meaning that you can mix any of her colors to any extent and in any portions and you will always get a new, beautiful color.
4. Chalk Paint® can easily be distressed with sand paper to create a perfectly antiqued look.
5. Finally, it dries incredibly fast. You can start and finish a project easily within an afternoon!
Want to know more? Stop by and chat with us. We’re always happy to help you make your own beautiful on a budget!