An interior designer will save you money. Let me repeat that, an interior designer will save you money. Interior design may seem like a luxury reserved for only the wealthy, but what you may not know is that the right interior designer can be an asset to your design project, saving you precious time, money and sanity. Consider the following ways in which an interior designer can be a valuable partner in your quest for a beautiful, functional, livable interior that reflects your personal tastes:
- Interior designers can help you define your style. Trends come and go, but style remains. A designer can spot a theme in the things you own or pin on Pinterest, and steer you to the style you didn’t know you already had. They will save you from buying leopard print when you are a floral kinda woman.
- Interior designers are trained to see things that most people do not. They know the proper scale of furniture for any room, how high to hang a pendant light, where to place furniture for the best traffic flow, and so on. Essentially, they know how to turn ho-hum into hallelujah.
- Interior designers keep you on budget because they have resources for every type of finish, fixture, and furnishing. They know how to mix high- and low-end products to make your space beautiful and keep your pocket book intact.
- Interior designers can expertly mix color and pattern and are well-versed on how different types of light affect color, which makes picking just the right paint color a (slightly) less painful process. How many times have you been stuck with stripes of paint on your wall, anguishing over what color to pick? Then you start painting the room, and realize you went too dark or too light? A designer will keep you from those mistakes.
- Interior designers have a stable of contractors, electricians, plumbers and one-armed wall paper hangers that are already vetted through years of doing business, thus saving you time and headaches searching for someone you can trust.
- Interior designers can act as your liaison to your contractor to discuss the nitty gritty details of construction that can make the difference between a hastily constructed space and one whose details truly reflect your functional needs and personal style.
- Interior designers can work closely with your contractor to properly plan your timeline and budget – keeping unexpected costs and timing snafus at bay.
Do you see what I mean? An interior designer can save you money, time and lots of headaches. That is why we started the Red Barn Mercantile Design Collective. We work with local interior designers, Shotgun Double, Gingham and Grosgrain, and Penny Interiors, to create beautiful spaces using quality crafted pieces from makers like Dash & Albert, Cisco Brothers, Walter G, Luru Home, Jamie Young, and Bungalow 5. It’s our collective goal to save you from costly mistakes and make sure you have a home that tells your personal story. For more information on our Design Collective, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your wallet will be glad you did!