An event every week that begins at 6:30pm on Sunday, repeating until March 4, 2018
Have you been toying with the idea of trying yoga but weren’t sure where to begin?
This series is designed for you!
Over the course of four weeks it will introduce you to the basics of vinyasa yoga practice. Classes are slower paced than an all-levels vinyasa flow, and focus on developing clear and safe alignment in foundational poses.
Come to learn, play, and maybe even break a sweat in a supportive environment. This intimate group experience offers beginners a safe, nurturing space to begin their yoga journey.
Lynn will guide you through the following:
• a brief background on what yoga is
• common and simple breathing exercises we practice in class
• foundation postures and how to adapt them to your needs
• how linked postures work in a flow
• how to practice sun salutations A & B
• how to modify postures uniquely to your body
Yoga props (such as mats, straps, blankets, and blocks) are provided. In this informal setting, you will be able to ask questions, receive feedback and hands-on assistance.
No prior yoga experience required. Come join the fun and make some new yoga friends!
Are you a District community member who wants to add your own event? Log in!